What a difference almost a year makes! It’s amazing to see how the site has evolved in the last 12 months. Much of that progress is with your feedback and support. While the site officially launched at the end of October, work was underway starting in September – and that’s why we’re posting now!
How ShowWiz has Grown
We started originally as a Google Sheets document. We then launched as a basic landing page and a functional calendar. We now offer so much more.
Here are some of the ways we have expanded and improved in the last 11 months:
- Vendor Directory launched with premium features for Vendor+ members
- More data: Farmers Markets, Indoor/Outdoor, Event Status fields added
- More filters
- Expanded social media (We now have Instagram!)
- Expanded Area Coverage: We now cover from Cornwall to Belleville to Deep River.
What we are most excited about is you!
When we launched ShowWiz (and with it, Vendor+) in late October 2018, we did so with what we would qualify as a minimal viable product. The calendar worked, had a fair number of events, and the site, though basic, functioned. With what was available, as well as the uncertainty of a new site, $25/year seemed like a perfect entry point. This introductory pricing was never intended to be permanent.
With our one year anniversary approaching, we are adjusting the Vendor+ membership price effective September 15, 2019.
The new annual price will be $50/year.
What you get:
- The same in-depth show information, vendor details (fee and application details), and organizer contact information you have come to know, love, and expect
- Premium features on the Vendor Directory
- Social media highlights and features on Facebook and Instagram
- No ads (while signed in) (starts today, September 1, 2019)
Upcoming Vendor+ Features
- Calendar Controls: Mark events as interested, applied, accepted, and attending
- Vendor Portal: Manage you upcoming and past events (and ones you’re interested in)
- Event Management: Mark events as paid for your own piece of mind
- Email Digests: Get notified of shows fitting your saved parameters that have been added to the calendar
Have your voice heard!
Complete the ShowWiz Year 1 User Survey during the month of September. The survey is completely anonymous and there is a prize pack to be won! The results will be used to help shape the future of the site.
The new fee structure will not affect active subscriptions until that subscription lapses. That is to say, if you are a current Vendor+ member, you will still continue to get all the new Vendor+ perks as they roll out. Your Vendor+ membership is valid for one year from the date of purchase.
This means that if you sign up for Vendor+ before September 15, 2019 you will lock in a year of Vendor+ benefits at the Intro Pricing.